1. Looking for choirs interested in giving the premier performance of a couple of new works.
2. Looking for recordings or videos of performances of my works, so they can be featured on online.
Use the Contact page to ask for details.
August 2020 - finished writing and recording "Alone / Together", a new work for accomplished SATB choir with electronic soundtrack! The lyrics tell the story of feelings resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic, moving from "alone in an unfamiliar landscape", to "reaching out" to each other, closing with being and working "together".
July 2020 - finished the recording of "Searching" by the "At Home Chorus". This can be heard at:
YouTube - https://youtu.be/XBb6RLTj-oI
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/d-geoffrey-bell/searching
June 2020 - Participated in the National Roundtable for Composers and Publishers of choral music, hosted by Choral Canada. Discussed ideas, strategies and plans for choirs for the next two years.
April 2020 - Working with the "At Home Chorus", sending scores and guide audio tracks by email, receiving individual recordings, and putting the tracks together in my temporary studio. At the same time, doing daily construction work on my new studio!
- collaborating with musicians across Canada online to record "virtual" performances of three of my compositions.
Calling this project the "At Home Chorus".
- participated in ChoirAlberta video conference with 60+ members of the choral music community across Canada
February 2020 - finished writing "Searching" for SATB choir accompanied by 'cello and glockenspiel.
- Finished writing "Songs of Love and Despair", (SATB unaccompanied choir), a set of four poems by Sarah Teasdale about the
exhilaration of new love, a broken heart, and the despair that follows.
- Created new arrangements of "Come With Me on Horses" for SSAA and SATB choirs.
- Created new arrangements of "Three Haiku" for SSAA and SSATB choirs.
- Created new arrangements of "The Christmas Dove" for SSAA and SSAB choirs.
October 2019 - attended Music Conference Alberta 2019.
Spring 2019 - "Childhood Memories", a collection of nine short works for piano, published by Palliser Music.
September 2018 - article in TEMPO Magazine about the Canada 150 ARMTA 85 commission of "Donkey Riding."
May 2018 - "She's Like the Swallow" published by Cypress Choral Music.
Spring 2018 - radio performance of "Inventions and Machines" in Australia.
October 26-28, 2017 - Appearance and presentation at Music Conference Alberta as one of the composers commissioned by ARMTA in celebration of Canada's 150th anniversary. Premier performance of "Donkey Riding."
August 2017 - "Donkey Riding" published by Palliser Music.
July 2017 - Received Canada Council travel grant for the world premier of "The Helios Triptych" in May 2017.
July 2017 - Prepared "The Canadian Seasons" song cycle for publication.
May 13, 2017 - World Premier of "She's Like the Swallow," performed by London Pro Musica in London, Ontario.
May 5, 2017 - World Premier of "The Helios Triptych," performed by the Vancouver Chamber Choir in Vancouver.
April 2017 - Recording session of "Childhood Memories" by Han Ding in Calgary.
Spring 2017 - International Radio/Concert performance in Australia.
Feb. 2017 - Commissioned by Alberta Registered Music Teachers Association to write a piece for violin and piano based on Canadian Folk song, "Donkey Riding." Scheduled to be published by Palliser Music.
Fall 2016 - International Radio/Concert performance of "Three Haiku" in U.S.A.
September 2016 - Became a Professional Member of the Canadian League of Composers.
Spring 2016 - International Radio/Concert performance of "Inventions and Machines" in Australia.